Sunday, November 28, 2010

Podcasting en Español

Podcasting can be a very useful tool for foreign language classrooms.  After searching The Education Podcast Network, I was able to find many useful postcast websites that don't requiring downloading extra software to my computer.  At the El Bloguipodio website, students can listen to podcasts in Spanish that discuss a variety of topics.  I specifically would like for the students to listen to the podcast, De Fiestas Latinos y Reformas de Salud.  I really liked this website because I think it can be very useful for students to practice their listening skills.  After listening, students can leave comments on the blog.  To test student comprehension, I'd like to create my own blog and have my students answer several questions and post their responses on my page.

Podcasts open many different doors for students because they don't always have the opportunity to be exposed to a native speaker's voice.  These podcasts are a unique way for students to hear native speakers, and test their comprehension abilities.  With this tool and audacity, students can begin to record their own podcasts, which would be very beneficial for learning Spanish because the students can play back their recordings and try to correct their own errors in grammar and pronunciation.  Overall, podcasting seems like it would be a great resource for my students.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, podcasting offers the potential for increasing both listening and speaking skills.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete